Whether you are planning to lunch a new blog or a website for your business and looking for a cost-effective way to register a domain. Or, you are a student and searching for a free domain for your project. You can get .np ccTLD domain (.com.np) for free; No registration fee, No renewal fee. It’s completely free.
.np ccTLD domain registration service is provided by Mercantile Communication in Nepal for free.
In this guide, we will go through all details like required documents, eligibility criteria, and of course, step by step process to register a free .np (.com.np) domain.
Requirement to register free .com.np domain
To register a free .com.np domain, we need the following item:
- Official document related to the domain name we are requesting.
- Domain request Cover Letter/Application signed by the applicant.
- Domain Name Server Address.
Let’s go through each element and prepare it one by one.
1. Required Official document:
First, You will need a supporting document related to your domain name. You can use Nepalese citizenship, Passport, or Driving license to request the domain. Submitted documents should be related to the domain name you are trying to register. For example, By submitting Citizenship of Hari Thakuri, you can’t register the domain haritzone.com.np. You can use variations of your name like harit.com.np, thakurihari.com.etc.
This document must be scanned in image format (jpg, jpeg), and the image size should be less than 200KB. If you are submitting your citizenship, then the scanned image should contain both the front and back parts of your citizenship.
2. Application / Cover Letter for .com.np domain registration
Along with the official document, you will need a Domain request Application / Cover Letter signed by you.
- Write the application/cover letter on white paper. [you can use the below sample cover letter as a template].
- Print it. (Instead of printing, you can directly write an application on white paper.)
- Signed it.
- Scan in image format.
.com.np registration Sample Cover letter/ Application
You can take this sample cover letter and write it on your own or you can use these templates and make appropriate changes to the highlighted part.
Np ccTLD registration services
Mercantile Communications Pvt. Ltd
Email: [email protected]
Subject: Application for harit.info.np domain registration
I am writing to request the registration of domain under my name Hari Kumar Thakuri with domain harit.info.np.
Applying for registration of the domain follows all the terms and conditions of Domain registration. I submit the required credentials for domain registrations as per the rule.
I would be very grateful indeed for your help. Needless to say, I will be glad to supply you with any further information you may need. I look forward hearing from you soon.
Hari Kumar Thakuri
Domain name: harit.info.np
Primary nameserver: ns1.epizy.com
Secondary nameserver: ns2.epizy.com
3. Domain Name Server Address
In simple terms, Domain Name Server addresses are the special address that points your domain name to the hosting server you are using. Domain Name Server is also called DNS or Name Server. To host any website, you will need hosting space to save your application code. When you buy hosting space, they will provide you their Domain Name Address configured in their hosting.
For example, If you are hosting with infinityfree (Free webhosting), then you can use the below Name Server
Primary Name Server: ns1.epizy.com
Secondary Name Server: ns2.epizy.com
Steps to Register Free .np Domain Name in Nepal
Now, we have everything needed to register a free .com.np domain in Nepal. So, let’s dig into the registration process step by step:
1. Create an account on register.com.np:
Register.com.np is the official portal of NP ccTLD domain. You will need an account on register.com.np to register any NP ccTLD domain (.np domain). To create an account:
- Go to https://register.com.np/register
- Enter all details (Full Name, Email, Password) and click on “Create Account”
- You will see a success message “Thank You for Registering! Please check your email to activate your account”.
- Check your email and click on verify button.
2. Check for Domain Availability
Now, you need to find out if the domain you want to register is available or not. These .np domains are provided on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Log In at register.com.np/login
- Check if the domain name you want to register is available or not.
For example, to check if harithakuri.com.np is available or not, enter harithakuri in the text box, and select .com.np from the dropdown then press search. The domain must be related to your name or business otherwise it won’t get approved.
- If it’s available, proceed to registration by clicking “Register Now” else search for another domain name.
3. Fill Domain request online form
Now, fill all form details carefully and press “save and continue”. Name Server (Domain Name Server Address), Administrative details are mandatory. Field with the star is mandatory and can skip others if not applicable to you like if you are requesting a domain for yourself the can skip the Organization name field.
If you have a different person to manage the technical task, then you need to fill in the technical detail section otherwise check “Copy administrative contact”. Now, press Save & Continue.
You can change the name server in the future, however, it may take time to get updated.
4. Submitting Document
After that, submit the required document and continue. To submit a document, select the document title from the drop-down and upload the respective document then click save for each document. All documents must be in image format ( jpg, jpeg).
5. Checking for Domain status.
You have just completed the domain registration process. Now, your domain will be reviewed by the NP ccTLD team (Mercantile). If you have submitted your all the information and supporting documents correctly, your domain will be approved in one-two business days.
You can check your requested domain status in Domain Dashboard. When you log in to register.com.np you will be landed on Dashboard. Also, you can easily find the dashboard by clicking your name in the right top section.
When the domain is in the review process, it will be listed under New request/under approval. Once, it’s get approved the domain will be moved to Active domain section.
How to get free (.np) .com.np for business/organization?
The process to get a free np domain for a business/organization is almost same as getting a domain for an individual. You can follow all steps as described. Only thing that differs are:
- you will need to submit a scanned copy of your company registration certificate instead of your personal official document.
- The cover letter must be printed/written on letterhead and stamped and signed by an authorized person of your organization.
- Sometimes, you may need to submit a PAN card as well. But, it isn’t mandatory.
- While filling the Administrative Contact section in Step 3, Add name & details of that person who signed the cover letter. Also, don’t forget to add your organization name.
Who can register for a free .np domain? What are the criteria to eligible for free .com.np domain registration?
Basically, to be eligible for a free NP domain, you need proof of presence in Nepal or associated with Nepal.
- For an individual, you can get .np free domain if you are:
- Nepali citizen with Nepalese citizenship or passport or driving license or voter’s card or
- Non-Resident-Nepalese with NRN ID Card or
- Foreign Nationals with Nepalese resident visas.
- For Company/Organization, you can get a free .np domain if your organization are:
- Local entities and have a Certificate of registration of company/organization/firm/partnership.
- Foreign entities registered in Nepal and have a certificate of registration of branch or liaison office or certificate of affiliation with Social Welfare Council.
- Non-incorporated entities doing business in Nepal such as Permanent Establishments or Non-incorporated Joint Venture Entities and have PAN registration certificate.
- In case of any entities (local or foreign) having business interests in Nepal – certificate of trademark registration in Nepal or
- official filing receipt of trademark application issued by the Department of Industry (to be supported with actual trademark registration certificate within 3 years of domain registration)
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: Top 10 Free hosting for Bloggers and small websites | Haritzone